Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lady Wines-days: Cupcake


Little did I know that one of my favorite Chardonnays was holding out on me. In all of our delicious times together, he never introduced me to his family. Would you believe my SHOCK and EMBARRASSMENT when I found out my buttery lover was NOT the best seller in the Cupcake family ?? Not even the second best seller ??? Wowowowowowowow. You think you know someone...






The best seller in the Cupcake Winery family is in fact The Red Velvet. I am not much of a cupcake person in general. I am a salty over sweet gal any day, but put it in liquid form and I am an instant fan! What we have here in this deep red is rich berries with a hint of mocha. It is the equivalent to a naughty cupcake for 1/2 the calories. (And that is still true even if you finish the bottle!) We even chilled this to see how it would fair as a summer red and the taste was not compromised. Yum.Yum.Yum.

The next in line happens to be the Savvy B. Who knew?? Savvy B's are an acquired taste for sure, but this happens to be a light and lovely version that might just help you make the transition. The light yellow color of it ensures you that you aren't going to be over powered with that floral taste that turns so many off to sauvignon blancs. This is more like a soft version of grapefruit and grass and finishing completely soft. No tinge. Test it out as it is one of their best sellers.






When I was on vacation, my friends happened to by the Cupcake Pinot Grigio. My initial reaction ? That water will go down the hatch fast and leave no impression... But, oh contraire, it was delightful. It was the first pinot grigio that I have tried in a while that actually brought something to the table. It wasn't as light as light as I was expecting... randomly medium bodied with a soft finish of pears, lemons, and a hint of lemon to keep it crisp. Delcio-so! Fine, pinot grigio, you are allowed back in...on a TRIAL BASIS ONLY.






Happy Wines-days!


xoxo
Her LadyMess


No comments:

Post a Comment