Monday, August 29, 2011

Lady Tools: Morning Pages




Julia Cameron is one of the most inspiration and artistic women of our time. I have completed her 12 week course in spiritual creativity twice. The book is called "Artist's Way" and I have given it to countless friends and even advised it to some crazy lady who would not leave me alone in the dog park. (I thought I would give her something positive and constructive to do with all that crazy... kind of like on Sex and The City when Jennifer Coolidge turns her divorce crazies into purses!)



The tool I want to point out from her books are the Morning Pages. I do them every morning currently because I am into another book of hers : Vein of Gold
I have already discussed the importance of journaling to Her LadyMess readers. But, there is something about waking up and having to write three pages right away.

Before you wash your face, or pour your coffee, or turn on the news even. It's a form of meditation in the way that you get everything out of your head and onto the page. It only takes about thirty minutes and I am here to say it will change the course of your whole day. It doesn't have to be anything deep. It can be : My stomach hurts over and over and over... eventually though, you will have a breakthrough and something beautiful will come from your pages. I find them grounding and inspiring. Inevitably, I always end with the knowledge that I am grateful to be here, and beginning your day with gratitude is the way to go :)

Thanks, Julia :)

xoxo
Her LadyMess


No comments:

Post a Comment