Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lady Tools: Journal


What is it about august that makes me want to be a school girl again? I envy the kids picking out their lunch boxes, folders, and notebooks to suit their taste and inspire their new year. Too bad they can't drink wine. ENVY OVER. However, I am always inspired to start a new year in the fall rather then the empty January/ New Year - New You time frame. And what better way than through your JOURNAL! Studies prove you are more likely to accomplish tasks if you lay them out visually rather than just a verbal contract with your imaginary friend and "life coach". Here are a few samples of my fall pages! I thought I would show you a work in progress rather than a finished product. Don't get overwhelmed. Pour a glass of wine, get out of your own head, and put your dreams on paper. No one is watching :)






I like to make a list of books I want to read, exhibits or new places I want to visit, restaurants I want to try, etc. Literally, making myself a student of the world. Life is too short to live in the mundane. Challenge yourself to try and see new things. An added bonus ? Checking them off of a list feels oh so good! Yes, I LOVE a list. Judge me. Fine!

xoxo
Her LadyMess

No comments:

Post a Comment