Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lady Bites: Brunch

Where in NYC is this lady brunching today?



Why this place is magical ... let me count the ways! For the record, it is stellar at all hours - not just brunch! I love their "All Day Menu" that consists of some naughty treats! There is something for everyone here. Oh yea? I can get deviled eggs, jalapeno and cheddar tater tots, AND mussels 4 different ways on the same menu?? WHAT?? (Oh, yea let me repeat that: Mussels 4 different ways. My favorite is the shallots, parsley, and white wine! But, they do a couple with meat that I am sure are delectable as well!) All on the same menu? Oh yea? YEA!
We have also tried the tofu buffalo wings, which, to be honest, taste like a hot dog with buffalo sauce on it. Still yummy, but don't expect a buffalo wing type of consistency on it. So prepare yourself :)

To be here at brunch is fantastic! Totally family friendly for those of you with kiddos and the staff is super friendly. We sat up at the bar which is the entire front room of the place! Such a cool space. The bartender was a blast and a half. Around us, everyone was rocking RIDICULOUS cocktails, but we optioned for the Jesus Juice (duh). To my surprise and delight, my bartender friend informed me that they only serve wine by the half bottle, not by the glass. (Now that is what I am talking about people! You know one of my Lady Rules is 2 drink minimum, 4 drink maximum!) So, I take a peek and what chardonnay do they have ?!?!? The Rombauer! I have blogged about this buttery deliciousness. Full on, 2 sticks of Land o Lakes in a glass. YES, PLEASE! Next, we wanted something lighter, so we tried the Laurent Miguel 2011 Viognier - medium bodied, lovely, and perfect for the rest of our meal!
What did we get ? So glad you asked! I ordered the Lobster Roll with sweet potato chips. I think I am going to dream about this CREAMY RICH sandwich for the whole week. I would have licked the plate, but I didn't want to embarrass my friends. I will be the first to tell you, I won't waste my time on bread if it's not worth it, but this was hands down the best decision I have made in a while... besides late night wine delivery, but that is another subject entirely!) :)
Other crowd pleasers amongst my group were the breakfast tacos : eggs, sausage, cheddar, and PICKLED salsa. (I def wanna make a vegetarian version of that. Looked amazing!) And for the healthy option (which they have TONS of those! Seriously, something for EVERYONE!!) The whole wheat Mediterranean wrap with feta, pepperoncini, cucumber, and smoked tofu.
It is rare to go to a brunch and have EVERYONE pleased as punch and "full as a tick" as my great Grandma Olive used to say! Sick, I know, but it makes sense.
And don't worry, my bartender friend wins again with a complimentary prosecco (the ever so yummy Zardetto Prosecco!!) to send us off on our way. Too bad we were way to full for dessert because those "Ditch Witch ice cream sandwiches" looked INSANE!




Ps- If you were a little too hungover to make it out during brunch hours, (no judgement... we've all been there)! After 4:00 pm on Sundays, Ditch Plains features a Lobster bake for $30! 1 1/2 pound lobster with warm drawn butter to drizzle it on, corn on the cob, coleslaw , and then for you meat and potato lovers, sausage and mashed potatoes! For 30 bones? Ex-SQUEEZE me ?? Yes, please. Oh, and $4 draft beers and $6 blueberry pie! You're welcome. Dudes and ladies alike are happy here :)

Now, as I always say on Sunday, "It's the Lord's day, so drink his juice!"

xoxo
Her LadyMess

No comments:

Post a Comment