Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Loneliness Comes, Loneliness Goes

"Spending time with others is key when all you do is spend time alone. Trying to fill the days, the passing hours with things to engage your mind. It's depressing and exhausting. I've been searching for a purpose and I come up empty handed. Does anyone know my kind of loneliness? Would anyone understand it?" ~Journal Entry, MNC





"Will my life ever upgrade?" I feel like a constant mess...

I say that as an actor who tag teams doing shows, nannying, personal assisting just to make ends meet to stay in the city of my dreams. It's no easy feat and yet I am so proud of myself for MAKING it here. I had one of those "turn that frown upside down" moments in a coffee shop last week:

"My God, I am living the the life I have always wanted. the one I grew up journaling about : living in a big city, and doing what I love...  I'm sitting just as I wish with my journal at Gusto, a glass of Super Tuscan poured, and weighing the pros and cons of relationships and monogamy, life and happiness, and the empowerment of being a companion enough with myself.



Yes, loneliness comes, loneliness goes. Joy comes, and joy goes. Nothing lasts forever. Breathe and hold on during the waves and the ups and down because there is fresh air on the other side. It is the holding on long enough to get that breath that is the challenge.

xoxo
Her LadyMess

No comments:

Post a Comment