Monday, February 17, 2014

She's back in action, Lady love!

 I feel like I am coming back into myself. I went into hiding for awhile and now I am ready to emerge in full force again... As a BLONDE! I rocked the red for awhile, but let's be honest: Blondes do have more fun! What do you think?
 I was feeling the weight of the world there for awhile. Life comes at you and you don't always know how to combat it. People also don't think it is acceptable to talk about Depression, but it is real and you have to know how to combat it. I watched the light go out of my eyes for months and didn't know how to get myself back together. Then, as I was about to turn 30, something shifted and I was ready for CHANGE. Sometimes a simple change of hair color will turn a new leaf! Small changes are good too. I promised myself for my birthday I would HYDRATE. For Pete's sake (No, he was not a recent okStupid Date) I never drank water! Wanting to be kind to my skin and new hair, I have made the commitment of 8 glasses a day like a good girl.
 Other changes? A beauty routine day and night that I am excited about. My best friend Blair got me Birchbox for Christmas and I must say I am addicted. I love trying new products and seeing a change! I was never a sample queen before but this is the BEST GIFT EVER. Seriously, get into it. Even for those that are hard to please! Also for Christmas, I got the Clairsonic Facial brush and it is exfoliation to the max! I have no more dry winter skin! Only a brighter complexion that I can feel proud of. (God bless the ladies in my life!) I believe my mom said : "Well, you and your father have very prominent pores."  Thank you??? (QUESTION MARK??) She keeps it real, that gal.

I have been trying to find my way back to that girl who was driven and had dreams that no one could say no to. I have lived in New York, accomplished goals that I had set for myself back in high school... and now what ? I want to be FEARLESS. We all say that and then rarely do anything about it. So, since my 30th birthday, my gift to myself is OWNING IT, I am proud of who I am and what I have to offer this world.
This journal has been through a lot. So have I. They are always so telling of the time period I have been witness to. But no more witness. It is time to be the leading character in my life and own my story. Yesterday, for the first time in a long time, I collaged and wrote pages and pages. I have been so stifled emotionally that I could barely get half a page out in the past few months. It felt good to purge!

It was time for me to come around again. Pages from my collaging: 
It is the year of the journey. The "Healing Card" that I pulled that week was "RELEASE". I thought I had done that enough this week, but listening to the universe, I accepted the card. I have had emotional release, physical release (as I got my buns to the gym for class all week!), and verbal with my journal pages. This was the motto that forced me into action: 
Balance or bust, my friends. We have no other choice!
So thank you 30 for kicking me into gear instead of being a wallowing sad sack. Life is what we make of it. It takes perspective, goal making, and forward motion. Don't get stagnant. "The only thing consistent in life is CHANGE." So get on board with that mentality and make your changes positive to your life style. YOU CAN DO IT. 

Make a wish, my friends! To nailing this decade: 
XOXO,
 Her LadyMess

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your courage Meggie. You have one of the brightest spirits I have every met. You are a funny, kind, caring, creative woman. If there is ever anything I can do to help you on your journey even if it's a "hang in there" once in a while or whatever, I am there. I am so grateful that you and Sara are friends. And I do believe that your changing hair color is symbolically a good thing. It shows you making decisions and not just reacting.

    ReplyDelete