Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lady Wines-day: Sauvignon Blancs


Happy Wine down Wednesday, Her LadyMess Readers! Let's chat about the savvy b's! This is an acquired taste for a lot of people. I know that when I started drinking it, I thought I was drinking flower water. It had that "tinge" that seemed harsh on my throat and the after taste was citrus rather than the cream of my best friend, Chardonnay. However, one summer day, a friend and I sat over a bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc, and my mind was changed forever.

1) So, this is from New Zealand, and as far as I have experienced, you are safe when it comes from Marlborough! This is a definite bouquet of flowers with a finish of perfume. Not your jam? Give it a minute. After you take in the smell, take a good sip and hold it in your mouth for about five seconds before you swallow. All of the sudden, your palette goes through it between deciphering apple, lemons, citrus, and grapefruits. It finishes dry, sweet, and crisp. It's a lot! This is one of the best inexpensive Savvy B's that exists. It hold a special place in my heart.




2) My friend and I lovingly call this the "Kim Cattrall" savvy b because it makes us giggle. But, beyond that, this is a tamer choice than the Nobilo. It's a bit smoother on the finish but has the same citrus tropical floral action. This is the first savvy b that most people find the most pleasing if you have a group that you are trying to convert.









3) If you can spend a little more or are looking for a nice gift for someone, this is a perfect choice. The cloudy bay is magnificent and rave reviews across the board! I don't think I have ever heard one person utter word against this little number! The Cloudy Bay is as smooth as it is spicy. Yes, SPICY without any tinge on the finish. All the bright typical fruits from a savvy b are somehow softened in this wine... It's like drinking honey coated fruit. Yes, please!

So, try something new this week! Give a savvy b a try and tell Kim Cattrall I said hi :) (Yes, that was supposed to rhyme...sue me).


XOXO
Her LadyMess

1 comment:

  1. Well put Miss Meggie, the Marlborough Sauv Blancs are my fave too! - Lauren

    ReplyDelete