Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lady Wines-day : Chardonnay



Happy Wines-day!
I thought we would kick off this section with my favorite white wine! A nice buttery Chardonnay. Tasting notes generally include creaminess, tropical fruit (pineapple , melon, citrus) and toasty oak.

So, when learning about wine and what you like, you have to try a variety of different kinds. I am a "recession proof" kind of gal. So, there are three staples in my life of affordable Chardonnays that anyone can afford and should try. I don't know anyone who doesn't like or appreciate BUTTER is cooking, desserts, etc. Falling in love with this type of wine gives you that rich taste without all the calories. My fella describes buttery chards as "two sticks of land-o-lakes in a glass" ... what's wrong with that ? NOTHING.
1) Bogle


The Bogle chardonnay is as classic as a Chanel suit. It is crisp , clean, and not over buttery. If you have a friend or partner that is not into Chardonnays , this wine will change their minds and be the peace maker between you! It like biting into an apple and having it turn into a butterscotch candy, and back to the apple. To light and lovely but pleases both the wino who loves an easy drinkable white and the wino who wants a white to say , "I'm here!"

2) Cupcake Chardonnay
This is HEAVENLY for $10.99. So rich and creamy. California knows how to do it! It finishes like you licked the butter off your plate. Smooth no "tinge" as I call it (You know where you swallow a wine and it feels a bit harsh?) None of that here... just creamy delicious-ness. This is a FAV amongst my clan of wine lovers!

3) J Lohr Chardonnay

Now, this is a happy medium between the two wines I have previously discussed. It's peachier than it is apple, and it has more vanilla than it does butterscotch. This was a chardonnay that taught me I had a love for chardonnays. Typically you will pay $12.99 or so for this. But it is great for drinking by itself, giving as a gift, or having at a party with apps (aka- appetizers!)

Do a tasting with these three with some friends and teach yourself what you might like in a Chardonnay! YUM YUM YUM

Please don't let your judgment of chardonnays be limited to Vendage... oof. Be nice to your tastebuds. More Jesus Juice notes next Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment