Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lady Reads

Spiritual Reads:
 I love love love reading books on spirituality, self help, creativity, etc.
 My top five that every SOUL should read :

1) The Artist's Way , Julia Cameron
  Are you looking for a class or to get yourself into a routine where you exercise your inner artist? This book is an incredible 12 course in spiritual creativity. It always gets a rave review from everyone! It is challenging, inspiring, and helps you find all the possibilites that are available in yourself to be creative!

2) Return to Love, Marianne Williamson
   This shaped my thinking as a female. I read it when I was 18 years old and I think everyone should read it once a year. It talks of the love of self, body, mind, and soul. Marianne Williamson is THEE guru of positive lady energy and a spiritual goddess.

 3) Awakening to the Sacred, Lama Surya Das
   this book launched me into seeking out my spirituality rather than just accepting the lingering questions I had in my religion. It inspired me to find the TRUTH. Don't just accept what you have been told. Ask the questions and answers will follow.

 4) The Spirituality of Imperfection, Ketchum and Kurtz
   This was given to me as a gift when I held the position of a swing in all four US companies of Wicked! This book helped me breathe through the difficult task of accepting imperfection. I am a perfectionist and this position challaneged every part of my being. I had to get out of my own way, realize that I couldn't control every little aspect, and breathe into the beauty of being unable to change the outside factors. This book refers to AA alot, but strip away the "titles" and you will find that it had a lot to share about the unexpected path we refer to as life :)

 5) The Mystic Path to Cosmic Power , Vernon Howard
    This was a recent read for me and knocked my socks off. If you want a basic guide to how to be a beautiful human being, pick this up on amazon right away. Don't let the cover scare you... it does look a bit kooky. That being said, it breaks life and humanity down in such a simplistic and beautiful way! This is a MUST READ. Your heart and soul will thank you.

 So, start there LadyMess readers! More spiritual reads will follow. I love reading a variety of these books and challenging my thoughts, beliefs, and ideals. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment