Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Lady Reads

Lady Reads :
  I am a strong advocate for great reads! I feel that books have shaped me as a human being and propelled me forward into grander thinking. I plan on sharing my "must reads" over time in this blog.
But today, I will share the my top three favorite fiction reads. If you are looking for a book to devour mindlessly while you travel, by the pool, or just with a glass of jesus juice in the park, then get into these little beauties :
  1) Summer Sisters , Judy Blume
       This has to be one of the best all time ficiton novels. It is the only book that I have read three times over. Life's too short to read the smae book twice... and yet, this book is MAGIC everytime. Total teen fiction. Get into it!
  2) The Pact, Jodi Picoult
       On the back of the book you read a basic summary that says roughly : A gun shot sounds. The teenage girl is dead in her boyfriend's arms. The rest of the novel goes back and forth between the past and present and you see the entire tale unfold before your eyes.. Did he kill her or not? Guess ya just have to read it. You will not be able to put it down.
  3) Hunger Games Trilogy
       I didn't think I would get into this tomboy teenage fiction, but I admit it, I got SUCKED in. Books 1 and 2 were brilliant! And from what I have heard, the 3rd one is okay to skip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment