Friday, June 15, 2012

"Stop and smell the roses" is a wonderful old saying to get us to stop, look around, and enjoy what is right in front of us. I've decided, in New York City, it should be " stop and put your heels on!" It was an experiment of mine today: Rather than hustling around and running people over, I put on my biggest pair of heels for the day and set out for a sidewalk sushi luncheon, gel manicures, shopping at Bloomies, and strolls in the sunshine after a beautiful bottle of Coppola Chardonnay. My four inch heels not only looked incredible, but made me feel super sexy and feminine, toned my legs and buttox, but made me focus on one step at a time rather than the usual hustle and bustle that you can get wrapped up in with the pace of this fine city. Carrie Bradshaw once said, "These shoes pinch my feet, but I love them." Indeed, by the end of the day each step was a challenge and the blisters have indeed caught up with me tonight, but I felt incredible all day. So,  those of you lucky enough to be in a city you can drive in, what is your excuse ? Pull out your biggest lady heels and don't worry if they slow your pace down a bit. Take it all in stride. Literally :)
  I have the heels off tonight, Edith Piaf playing on my pandora, and breathing into the adventures that I had today. At least I know my Grandma Mary is proud of me today as that woman was never seen without her heels on. She even mowed the grass in them. I was born into this family of ladies... what can I say ?
  TGIF.
    xoxo,
       Her LadyMess

No comments:

Post a Comment