Saturday, June 6, 2015

Attention flows where attention goes...

"Energy flows where attention goes."
 This was our focus today. The day began with a 20 minute guided meditation by the lovely Shannon O'Bryan. I have done guided meditation before - usually for ten minutes... I have such an odd relationship with time and the "go go go" of New York City energy that being silent for 20 minutes seemed daunting. I cannot wait to greet this practive daily and see that shift of peace in myself.
 We circled up with the entire cast after that and greeted each other with such a present energy... I was all rehearsals began this way. What I do know is I am building a practive to take with me... if I ever leave. (Good luck with that, Sonoma! I'm staying!)
 It is impossible not to get swept up by the beauty of this place. For such a long time, I am have been in a serious relationship with NYC. I am surprising myself with what charms me about Sonoma. The lush greenery of the vineyards, the support and love of the community, the charm of everyone knowing you when you walk into the Glenn Ellen Market (my daily juice of beets, apple, lemon, parlsley, ginger...so addicted...).
 Tomorrow is the day off... I plan on hiking with a few folks at a park an hour away with the promise of seeing elk...WHAT?? Never seen that in NYC or in Kansas for that matter! Then, perhaps a picnic in the dog park, and a family style dinner collected from our gardens paired with a few bottles of vino telling tales of the week we have shared and what is to come. This place has my heart!

#corkbag
#homesweethomehoodie



No comments:

Post a Comment