Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Vineyard Viewing.. another day at work ;)




Vineyard viewing party!! You know it's a tough day at work when you and your co-workers just have to visit four wineries as possible venues for company events. Each one so special and glorious in their  own way. You can't even believe the history that all of these vineyards have. Why wasn't this taught as high school history?? I think I would have been a lot more interested!!

Little Cellars was first up and I couldn't get passed Rona, a sweet bog 'ol ball of love in the form of a dog. She won all of our hearts over for sure. The view was glorious and the patio will be making memories for us all summer long. I can't wait to see the lake out back. We shall return. Thanks for the tour, Joan! (And Rona!)


 Chateau St. Jean Prounounced Jean - like blue jeans. Not John. JEEEEAAAAANN. Like saying "tarjay" when it's target. Don't be fancy ;) The Chateu feels like a party at Gatsby's house. White lights hanging from the trees and steps up to the main tasting room that reek of elegance.They owner thanked us for coming and what did this ladymess do? I thanked him for their Chardonnay. I couldn't help myself! Seriously, a delight if you have never tried it. Not overtly buttery - but as crisp and elegants at the Chateu itself. Now, I'm thirsy ;)




Next, we headed to St. Anne's where the tasting room lead us to a charming backyard patio. Very intimate and shaded by big beautiful trees. Scott from St. Anne's ws sweet enough to bring us all a tasting if their Zinfandel. Juicy and earthy and a rich delicious nose. I savored every last bit as the sun and light wind were a perfect combination of making a lovely afternoon heavanly. Then, the ever so generous Scott gave us a taste of this year's rose. 100% with a spicy finish that I would have thought to be black pepper...but it was NUTMEG. NUTMEG??? IT made this Meg NUTS for sure. Knocked my socks off. Don't miss that delicious treat!






Our last stop on the tour was Muscardini. This is one of my favorite spots from last year in Sonoma. Family owned and uber friendly. While we didn't taste the wines there this particular day, I remember having the privelage to taste directly from the barrel last summer. Well, they put it in my glass. I wasn't under the barrel going to town on the aging process :) I'll be back Muscardini!

 What better way to finish the day than to pow wow at the Farmer's Market in Sonoma Square? Every Tuesday the town gathers in the square and local vendors sell their food, fruits, veggies, crafts, and creations. A band played as we set down two big blankets, popped open our vino, and took in the rest of the glorious sun as it was quickly setting. We chatted about life and it's vast possibilites. Other members of our company joined in as time went on and I just took and deep, present moment breath feeling so lucky to be here and have these people around me... and we've only just begun.
 Guess what local celebrity was also there? Peepers, Margie's bar chicken from Community Cafe! I would know that chicken anywhere and even got to give a big 'ol hug to Margie. She's a gem!

 Sonoma sun sets and I joined a friend for a nosh at the Girl and the Fig and drove home on the winding roads loving such well lived and full days. #bestdyever

No comments:

Post a Comment